I ran Auslogics Registry Defrag last night.
I hadn’t run the Auslogics Registry Cleaner in ‘a week.’
It found 30 errors. Not bad. I checked each and every one of them. They all looked legit. They made sense. Some were references to files that I KNEW I had deleted.
I then ran the Registry Defrag. It sure is quick.
I don’t know what each ‘cell’ is supposed to represent … within an ‘hive.’ I know, since it tells me, that I have two hives. I know this terminology since it is the same that is used by System Mechanic.
See those two (2) little red dots/cells. That is supposed to indicate FRAGMENTED. I always have those two cells in red … per Auslogics.
But last night … it showed another 6-8 more red cells … right at the bottom … followed by a similar number of cells in green … denoting defragmented.
It then said I had some registry fragmentation and that I could get a 1.8% performance improvement … IF I defragged.
Boy, WAS I EXCITED. Finally. At last I was being told I can go beyond 1st base. Boy, WAS I EXCITED. [Did I already say that? Old age. Sorry.]
Like all Registry Defrags … it can only run at system start-up. So we did the usually … schedule registry defrag … RESTART. Exactly the same as System Mechanic.
The defrag screen bore some resemblance to that displayed by System Mechanic … but there isn’t much scope for creativity here.
It scared me by talking about moving some Windows 7 folders.
But, it was fast. Much faster than I remember System Mechanic ever being.
I was glad that my system restarted OK. Fired up FireFox 3.6.2 and checked my email to make sure.
Then being the cynical paranoid that I am … I ran Auslogics Registry Defrag again.
Got those SAME two red cells as FRAGMENTED. So the defrag never fixed that. Maybe those cells are FIXED. I do not know.
I also now realize that there seems to be HUGE amount of space allocated to the Registry … much of it unused. I will have to look into that.
Bottom line … Halleluiah … I finally got Auslogics Registry Defrag to defrag my registry. It didn’t clobber my system … from what I can see. It might not have defragged everything either. I do not know.
I will keep on testing … on YOUR behalf.
Good luck. Cheers.